Latarjet Surgery: T-1 day



Today I travelled to Munich to have the final two preparation meetings with the surgeon and the anesthetist in the clinic where the surgery will be performed. Those meetings are scheduled to warn you once more of all the potential side effects of surgery and anesthesia. As usual I was quite surprised to learn about all the different things that could go wrong. Who would have thought that one of the complications of a shoulder surgery could be permanent hoarseness? Highlights of those meetings included getting a nice arrow painted onto my right shoulder – just in case – and getting a fancy new orthosis which looks a lot sleeker than the ones I used to have.






I also got my final surgery appointment for 11 AM the following day which meant that I had to turn up at the hospital at 7AM.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I picked the Latarjet procedure -- A little bit of context

Removal of stitches and first physio therapy session

Eight weeks post Latarjet surgery - Follow up examination