Second week after surgery

March 22nd -- March 29th

I continued to sleep well without pain and got more comfortable removing the arm from the sling for a bit. 
On March 22nd I took my first shower alone! I felt comfortable enough to let my arm hang for the duration of taking a shower. I got some waterproof plasters from a drug store to make sure that the wound would stay dry. After the shower I felt reborn and it was great to see that I was making progress. 
I continued to remove the arm for 1-2 hours every day while laying on the sofa and I kept on moving my elbow as well.
I am scheduled to get stitches removed on Thursday, March 29th which is exactly two weeks after surgery. I will also start physiotherapy on the same day and I am really looking forward to that! 
So far, I am extremely happy with how things have turned out and I’m still surprised that I was never really in pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I picked the Latarjet procedure -- A little bit of context

Removal of stitches and first physio therapy session

Eight weeks post Latarjet surgery - Follow up examination